Sunday, December 09, 2007

Shrimpboat Willy's

Last night, we had a birthday party for one of my friends. We were talking about the good times we used to have on the road together and specifically this one restaurant that she absolutely loves. The name of the restaurant is Steamboat Bill's, but I seem to get things mixed up sometimes. I always call it "Shrimpboat Willy's."

I remember one time I was giving Brock directions to a place called "Mount Blossom." After driving for a while, I said, "There it is!" while pointing to a sign that said "Flower Mound." You see, I get the concept but it still isn't quite right. Brock thinks that it's so funny that he never corrects me, so meanwhile I look like an idiot!

I know exactly where I get it from, too...my dad. It's really funny with him because he's a pastor. One time he was preaching a sermon and used the band "The Ungrateful Dead" as an example. He kept referring to it when finally somebody said from the choir loft, "It's the Grateful Dead, Preacher." Then, everyone got extra tickled because they are in church, and you are supposed to be quiet in church. I've seen my mom correct dad during one of his messages from where she sits to the side interpreting it into sign language.

In fact, I was talking to dad on the phone one day, and he told me that they were going to see a movie with Tim Allen and Kirstie Alley in it called "For Better or Worse." I told him to have fun! Isn't the movie called "For Richer or Poorer?"

5 comments:

AUNY said...

I'm sure you know a lot more funny stories about this, mom.

Gin, you remember when I was trying to retell that funny bathroom scene in Austin Powers and I kept referring to the character as "Mister 2." The whole point was that he was in the bathroom and his name was "Number 2." I wondered why nobody else was laughing except you when I told that!

Anonymous said...

yea i m pretty sure it is called for richer or poor it was on tv last week haha

Barbara said...

hahahahahahaha i have some experiences like that too. hahaha is not very often but my mom... she is always mixing names and changing everything.
It is very funny when you say the thing or name and nobody knows what are you talking about. you thing is the mos normal and common thing but nobody understand becaus you are not saying the correct name. haha i feel dumb for a second, then is funny and i laugh a lot! hahaha

Matt said...

now that's funny...

Haley said...

Auny, you are so funny. And my brother is a toot head for not correcting you. Ryan and I were laughing out loud on this one. We miss you guys. Eva has learned to say your name now, too. She'll be playing or sitting in the back seat of the car and she will say over and over and over, "Brock. Auny. Russ. Renetta..." It's so funny.