Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Special Time on Christmas Day

This morning, we had to get up early to get to Brock's family's house. Since I got to bed late, I set my alarm for 6:30am which allowed me just enough time to get ready, packed, and out the door.

To my surprise, I woke up at 6am on the dot very alert. Nobody in the house was awake, so I crept into the living room and had a private celebration with the Lord. I spent about 30 minutes with Him. It was such a special time.

Most of the time at Christmas I'm with family whom I don't get to see very often, so I want to spend literally every waking minute with them. Sometimes, I don't have any time alone with the Lord on Christmas day...and this is HIS day. Today was very special. I think that I started a new tradition for me this morning.

2 comments:

Chad and Rebecca said...

This is such a great blog entry. He is the true meaning of Christmas and I don't think I have ever had a quiet time on Christmas day. With family and having Santa Claus for your children I really get lost in the day. I am so glad that I read this today!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.