Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pajamas and Soap

The Lord is so sweet to me! Money has been a little tight because of Christmas, and we are taking a real vacation in January (something that we've always wanted to do after 10 years of ministry). We have enough money to eat and stuff, we just cannot buy any extras for us at this time.

A few days ago, I realized that I wanted to get our truck washed before we headed out for the holidays. However, the place we go costs too much right now. That day, I picked up the mail and in it was a coupon for a free car wash...no strings attached.

The next day, I realized that we needed more soap. We don't use the cheap soap, because it makes our skin too dry, so we use the all natural, more expensive soap. This was another "extra" cost. That night, we went to a Christmas party in which we played dirty Santa and exchanged gifts. Guess what I won? Some ultra nice, natural soap!

The day after that, I went to buy a friend who isn't having a Christmas this year some cute pajamas. On the way there, I thought, "I'd love some pajamas myself!" The store in which I went to was buy 1, get 1 free with their pajamas!!! Therefore, I took the free one!

Yesterday morning as I reached for something to wear, it occurred to me that I needed another white undershirt. Immediately I thought, "How is the Lord going to provide this today?" Last night at our village meeting, one of the girls was giving away some clothes that she didn't need or wear anymore. Guess what I got? A white undershirt and more pajamas!

5 comments:

Steph said...

too cool! He's always listening, even to the "little" wants and needs that are vital wants and needs:). Ryder wants a 4 leeler (wheeler) from Santa. My friend that keeps him gave us a 4 leeler to give him for Christmas....we can give as a Santa present. he even listens to the Santa wants:)

Amber said...

It's AMAZING how God works! I'm always amazed!!!

Haley said...

I love that!

Anonymous said...

Hey Auny,

Our Lord is amazing and ALWAYS provides what we need and lots of times things that we want!

Check this out!


LTCWhiteFinalProduct_300k.wmv

I love it especially since I just bought a shirt that says...Bahhhumgg...its not X-mas it's CHRISTmas.

Hope you and everyone enjoys this!

Merry Christmas and God bless America and our troops at home and abroad!

Teresa

Matt and Meredith said...

That's awesome. He is so good to us. I have had situations like that before too. And then I think, I was so silly to worry about those things.