Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

I used to always enjoy Christmas Eve better than Christmas day, because in our family, that's when we opened up the majority of our presents! We'd eat dinner on Christmas Eve, usually something easy like pizza. Then, we read the Christmas story out loud. Then, it was time to open gifts! Dad would tell the order in which we were to open each gift and mom usually distributed them.

On Christmas day, we'd open our stocking. Then, we'd go over to my mom's side of the family where we'd have a huge Christmas dinner. (Now, I realize that it wasn't as huge as some. Brock's family has about three times as much food as we have...however, they are Cajun. Plus, the majority of my mom's family is petite women.) Most of the time, my grandma (dad's mom) would come over to my mom's family get together on Christmas day. It was fun!

Now, we are making our own traditions...correction...I'm making up our traditions. As we know from an earlier post, Brock isn't much of a traditionalist. He just goes with the flow. Now, we spend Christmas Eve with my family where we attend a Christmas Eve service at their church and then exchange gifts. On Christmas day, we will drive to Brock's parents' house (only 2 and 1/2 hours away) in order to be there by lunch! What are your Christmas traditions of the past and present?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

on thanksgiving me and my cousins draw names so we know who to get presants for so on Christmas eve me and my cousins go to our grandparents house on my dads side and open presants which is is like one or two then we eat. then all go home wake up on christmas open our presants then around lunch we go to my grandparents on my moms side then after Christmas is basically over so...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt and Meredith said...

Auny, Where do your parents live now?