Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve

I remember when I was younger, we would always bring in the new year with a party. Everyone would gather at our house and we would play games all night. It was so fun! At that time, when I was living in Daytona, we would get together often at our house. We lived down the street from our church.

The people in our church were like family. I realize now how rare that was. We were so close. My youth group were all like brothers and sisters to me. That was a special time. I seem to get sentimental around holidays especially New Year's.

Anyway, we will be spending New Year's Eve in Virginia doing a show. We usually work on New Year's Eve. What will you be doing this year?

8 comments:

AUNY said...

I forgot to thank you for the prayers. Right after the first session, I was feeling very rough. Then, I talked with my mom on the phone and she was praying for me. We had our meeting and prayer time about that time. After that time of prayer, I felt fine! Praise God!

Amber said...

We're having an Oyster Roast with family and close friends! I'm really looking forward to it! Happy New Year! LOL:)

Barbara said...

I'm having a party with my family.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!! My best wishes to you.

Anonymous said...

Here in Guayaquil they set off these figures made out of something like crepe paper but harder. There are all kinds of things and sizes like Superman, the Hulk, the Simpsons, or political figures. Everybody is selling them right now. I guess they have firecrackers in them or something. We heard at midnight everyone burns them and the whole town is filled with smoke. We'll see! Mom and dad are leaving right before midnight for the airport, but they got the room for tonight so we will get to stay downtown!

Anonymous said...

We spent our midnight hour at the Guayaquil, Ecuador, airport. But before we left the hotel at 11:45 pm for the airport we enjoyed the New Year's Eve with Kay and Trent. It was great. At the airport we saw fireworks going up all over the city. They lasted from about 11 to 12:30. Very cool. mom

Matt and Meredith said...

Hi Auny!!! It's me! Your friend Meredith. : ) I opened your blog through Stephanie's. You'll have to check out mine...
mm-coleman.blogspot.com.
We had a fun New Years' at Matt's parent's. Some of his family came over and we had a bunch of homemade treats made by Matt's mom. She always cooks a ton during the holidays. We hung out, laughed a lot, and brought in the new year with New York on tv! : ) Love ya!

Matt and Meredith said...

PS> Read my other comments on previous posts. : )

PPS> So, Brock really almost died?

AUNY said...

Yeah. He got stung by a wasp like he's had happen several times in his life, but this one was different. He broke out into hives and began swelling. It was scary!