Friday, December 07, 2007

Dependent on Brock

I realized how dependent on Brock I've become the other day. He was in Birmingham having meetings and I stayed here. On my way to my village meeting, I stopped by Publix to pick up a turkey for our party Sunday night. Then, I began to drive to Emily's house. When I was about two blocks from the house, the road closed down. The sign said "Road Closed to Thru Traffic." I thought that I wasn't thru traffic, because I was going to a house on that street. Therefore, I went past the barricade and got all the way to the railroad tracks about one block from her house. That was where it was shut down! I could almost park and walk to their house if it wasn't 30 degrees outside.

I turned around. Due to a little fender bender and a long line of traffic, I couldn't go simply one block over. I had backtrack big time! Then, I went one road too far. At this point, I realized that I'm not used to driving around myself. Brock always drives, so when one problem arose, I couldn't think quickly enough to know the best way around the mess.

When I got to Emily's house, I didn't have my wallet. I called Publix, and yes, it was there. When I awkwardly carried out my turkey (normally Brock would have carried it), I left my wallet on the counter. I had to turn around and go right back where I came from to get back to Publix to retrieve my wallet. This was such simple a simple task, yet it became so difficult because Brock wasn't there to know exactly what to do.

5 comments:

AUNY said...

My mom is probably thinking that I'm crazy right now...dependent??? I've never shown any signs of depending on anyone. I think that I'm more dependent on others than any of us (including myself) thinks.

Anonymous said...

solution. i will never leave you again by yourself. and, that means, no more visits with marcus(friend)

Amber said...

Sounds like a GREAT plan to me!

I'm glad that your marriage is so good that you don't know how to function properly without each other! That speaks volumes!!!

Anonymous said...

I could never get you to admit you were dependent on someone else. You always had to find out the hard way. Mom

Shannon said...

awww Auny!