Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Being Positive

Even though I woke up yesterday with bad sinus problems and Brock somehow got a catch in his back, I decided that I was going to be positive. The hotel has no elevator service because lightening struck it a few days ago. Also, I missed the continental breakfast because it closed so quickly, and the light over our bathroom sink doesn't come on. So, in spite of having to walk up and down the stairs outside, being really hungry, and getting ready in the dark, I'm going to be positive. I need to be positive because at Freedom Experience, things always go wrong.

At FX, the enemy attacks in multiples. For example, lots of the team has health problems. Several band members are sick and the riders get hurt. Epuipment breaks before the show---amps blow and a bike breaks in two. Several people have car accidents on the same day, etc. This time, one of the bmx team's van's transmission went out. The production crew's transmission went out, and our manager's transmission is going out. However, I've just put it in my mind that no matter what happens, I'm going to remain positive!

2 comments:

Amber said...

A positive attitude can be a spiritual gift! I think if we all tried to be positive when it seemed like nothing else in the world could go wrong, we'd have a totally differant outlook on life. As it is, even on our very worst day in the U.S. we're still more blessed than 75% of the world. I learned that statistic at Women of Faith! It really get's you thinking about how insignificant some of our problems really are. Don't get me wrong Auny, I don't envy your situation today. I'm just trying to say that I'm really proud of your great attitude! I need to be reminded of these things sometimes and you always do such a good job of that. I'm praying for you guy's!

Michelle said...

Hang in there! :)