Sunday, August 07, 2005

Internal Clock

Last night, I set the alarm for 7:45am. After I was settled in bed, I realized that I actually needed to get up at 7:30. This morning, I woke up with a start and looked at the time. It was 7:28am. I do that everytime.

I always woke up about 5 minutes before my mom woke me in the mornings. I used to think that it was because I woke up at the same time every morning. However, I have no routine now, and I still wake up in time. I usually turn off the alarm right before it goes off. Once, I woke up one hour early and wondered why. Then, I realized it was daylight's savings time. My internal clock is more accurate than I am.

Everybody has an internal clock. I just trained myself early. It started when I was little and a group of us went camping so that we could see Haley's Comet. You were supposed to be able to see it at 4 or 5 in the morning. When I asked how we could wake up to see it in time, a lady named Mrs. Snyder taught me how to wake up when I wanted. She said just to think about what time I wanted to wake up in the morning just before I go to sleep and it would happen. Ever since, I rarely wake up to the sound of an alarm clock. You should try it. See if it can work for you as well.

0 comments: