Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Francine Rivers

Normally, I read two books at once. One is fiction and the other is a nonfiction Christian book that teaches me more about the Lord. However, when I read my favorite author, Francine Rivers, it serves two purposes. Although she is a fiction writer, her books teach me more about the Lord. She has written a series about the woman in the lineage of Christ. She adds alot of fiction, but keeps the facts involved as well. It really brings the people in the Bible to life. I still continue reading a nonfiction book to help me during my personal Bible study.

Right now, I'm reading a book from the Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers series. These books are the most amazing books that I have ever read. Although they are fiction, they are teaching me more about what it was like during the time that Jesus walked the earth. This series takes place about 40 years after Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead. The apostle John is in the story, but every other character is fiction. However, you can tell that she knows her history. She has a whole glossary in the back of words she uses to describe something from that time that is now obsolete. Sometimes, I get so involved with the characters that I start praying for them. I have to remind myself that these characters came from this lady's imagination!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Auny,
I have read all three of those books in the Mark of the Lion series. They are by far the best books I have ever read! I couldn't get any of my housework done because I couldn't put them down. I have recommended them to everyone I know. All the women in my family read them after me, they were coming over to my house at all hours of the day and night to get the next book in the series! Anyone who hasn't read these books needs to go to the book store and get the whole series, you will be sorry if you buy them one at a time. You will be at books-a-million at 1:00 in the morning trying to bust the door down! I am so glad you are reading them. Have you read Redeeming Love by Francine? That book is what got me started reading her, it is just as good only in a differant way!

Robyn Pass said...

Auny, I have been reading your blog for quite a while. Just thought you should know I'm praying for you. I love reading your outlook everyday, it puts a big smile in my heart.
My mom had to keep me from reading the Mark of the Lion books when she first bought them, I was pretty young, about ten. I'm glad she was saving me from myself. The first time read the series I was sixteen and had just finished Michael Phillips' Secret of the Rose series. It's a wonderful series to read also if you have not.
Robyn Pass

AUNY said...

Yes, I love Redeeming Love. I absolutely loved it! I'll have to try that series, Robyn. How are you doing?

Robyn Pass said...

I'm doing well. I've had two days off in a row, should be well rested but I'm still a bit tired. I really enjoy my job though. I've been waiting tables for almost a year now and I'm in charge of server training. Yipee! Did I menetion I loathe 8 o'clock classes? ;) But I should graduate in May, squeezing it into 5 years.