Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Quiet

All is quiet this morning. The storm is gone and the sun is out. The only remnants of Katrina is leaves and branches all over our yard. The birthday girl that was over the other night had a tree fall on her house. It didn't really do any damage to the house though. I feel badly for the people of New Orleans and some of those other cities that were destroyed. Brock said that growing up in Louisiana, he always heard about this happenning. They knew that a big storm could potentially whipe out New Orleans. I wonder if they will ever be able to recover completely.

Also, it's guiet here because the guys left. They were gone when I awoke this morning. Yesterday, we spent most of the morning trying to get Luke's teeth fixed. He knocked a few of them out at the skatepark Monday night. However, the guys are gone now. Also, their friends from around here are gone as well. They've made several friends here, so for the past few nights, we've all hung out. I don't know if I can handle the quiet.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I know the remnants of New Orleans, Biloxi and Mobile are quite sobering! I can't imagine what they're going through right now. How long are you home for?

AUNY said...

We're home for just a couple of weeks. Then, we're out for two months.