Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Night One of FX

Last night was awesome! It was standing room only and 46 people gave their lives to Christ. We saw the power of God at the prayer service Sunday night and at the show last night. However, the venue doesn't have air conditioning so it's HOT! Also, the bmx riders, Brock, and I am really exhausted. Pray for strength for everyone.

Each town has a different personality. This town is very passive. At the school assemblies, the students were slow to act. At one school that consisted of 4th through 12th grade, Brock told the volunteers on the stage to pick a prize from the ground. They just stood there, so Brock said anybody in the crowd could get them. About 50 4th graders stormed the stage dog piling on top of the prizes. Then, none of the teachers did anything about it, so I had to go out there and tell them to sit down. It was nuts!

Also, smoking is a big problem here. I walked into one of the bathrooms at the school and could barely see due to the thick smoke. We also saw students smoking outside in between classes. They have several tobacco farms here, so smoking boosts their economy. Isn't that sick?

3 comments:

Amber said...

I am so glad Fl. has a no smoking inside of any establishment rule! I thought it was that way everywhere, but found out differantly while visiting family in Mi. Do you find that most states do or don't have smoking rules?

AUNY said...

They were smoking in the grocery store here. I thought Illinois was bad, but smoking is ridiculous here!

Michelle said...

Gross! I do not like smoking AT ALL! I'm sorry you have to breathe that all in. My Mom smokes and its something that I pray about alot. .... When I was living on the East coast the outlawed smoking in any store in NYC and I LOVED it, although it make ALOT of people mad!!! Now when you try to buy cigarettes in the city its like $9!