Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Day Off

Today, Brock and I are going to have a Happy Fun Day. We had a very long weekend and need some relaxation. We're planning on riding our bike up the Natchez Trace Parkway to Franklin. Then, we will maybe work out and see a movie. Tonight, we plan on eating at the Mirror restaurant. They have this awesome dessert called white chocolate soup. It sounds strange, but it's excellent!

This is the kind of day that is difficult to take off. Others don't know that we are electing to take today off. Most people get the weekends off. This is when we are usually working. I told some people that are work related not to call us today unless it's an emergency. However, that term "emergency" is relative. Everyone seems to need to know something right now! I'm going to heed the words that Margaret Becker said a couple of years ago. "You're not doing brain surgery here. Nobody is going to die if you don't return their call today."

The middle of the week is my favorite time to take the day off. I look around and see how others are working and I'm not. You see, on weekends, I see alot of people off and I'm working my tail off! It's just the way it goes.

It is difficult for me or Brock to take any time off because there is so much that needs to be done. However, it is my understanding that if you don't take some time to relax and unwind, you will explode at every one around you (I tend to do this lately) or implode by burning out and not caring anymore (which is even worse than exploding). We have to be sharp and healthy as a person in order to do well at our job.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Enjoy your day off! It was great to get a chance to meet you guys!

Amber said...

You definately need time off more often than not! It is VERY important for your marriage first and secondly for your ministry. I'm proud of you guy's for making it a priority! Have a very happy fun day!!!