Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Our Fall Schedule

I was just updating our wall calandar with our fall schedule, and it is crazy! In August, we get a slight breather, but September through Thanksgiving is booked solid. However, I'm excited about spending alot of time on the road. I sense that next year at this time, things will be different. I don't think that we will be travelling as hard or in the same way in which we are currently. Therefore, I'm going to take advantage of the road now.

Randy Elrod wrote in his blog a couple of days ago about "Moments and Minutes" (randyelrod.typepad.com). He talked about how minutes get you by whereas moments change you. I can be very task oriented. Sometimes, I don't take the time to savor the moments in life. This year, I intend to do so while on the road. I actually began this thought process at the beginning of the summer. As a result, the summer was more fun and I was less stressed. I didn't know quite what this particular thought process was until I read Randy's blog the other day. You should take the time to read it.

Take time to savor a moment this week. Maybe it is some precious time spent with your children. Maybe it is listening to your favorite CD and really drinking in the lyrics. You could have an extra special worship time with the Lord. You could go to a quiet place out in nature and breathe in the fresh air. Whatever it is, do it. Enjoy just being alive even in an average week of your life.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Yes thanks Auny, what a great thought. That is exactly what I needed to do today! The Lord really speaks through you on this blog!