Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Ultimate Caregiver

Brock flew to Nebraska for a show yesterday while a couple of the bmx guys and I began driving to Kentucky for our next Freedom Experience. We stopped off in Nashville just for the night. After we ate dinner, I walked across the parking lot to the bookstore in order to get a new book. On the way, I called Brock. He told me that one of our friends called and said that his wife who had been pregnant with their first baby for 8 weeks had a miscarriage this weekend. The most difficult part about the situation is that he is a musician and was gone for the weekend. Also, they are from Colorado and have no family here. My heart broke for her because she is one of my dear friends.

I called her as soon as I got off of the phone with Brock before I was even in the bookstore. As I was leaving her the most heartfelt voicemail that I could possibly come up with, she called me. She said, "I know where you are. You are in the Borders Bookstore parking lot. I know because I'm in the parking lot and saw you walk by on your phone." I told her that I was calling her! I ran to her and through my arms around her. She cried. I cried. She said that she was just thinking that she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to be alone, but she didn't know who to call. She was just driving around. We talked, cried, and laughed the whole night. I ended up staying at her house last night. Her husband is coming in this morning so he'll be with her today.

I thought about how sweet the Lord was for ordaining our meeting. Her husband was so worried about her. He wanted to be there to take care of her, but the Lord is the ultimate Caregiver. He's the only One that knows exactly what you need even if you don't. Brock was probably concerned about me driving the truck with two young guys who had only a few hours experience driving our truck. However, the Lord is taking care of me...He always does!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

that is totally awesome! God rocks!

Amber said...

God is still in the miracle buisness! I am so glad you were in the right place at the right time! I'll be praying for your friend and her husband!