Friday, August 26, 2005

Fender Bender

We had a small accident yesterday. As Brock was turning right, a lady came up right beside him and Brock smashed in the front driver's side of the car. It wasn't really anyone's fault because Brock turns so wide that while making the turn, she just slipped in beside him. She was elderly and probably did not realize that you cannot get right up beside big trucks when they are turning. I felt really sorry for her.

There happened to be cops at the intersection, so they pulled over. They said that it happens alot at this particular intersection. I watched from inside the truck as Brock conversed with the cops. They were just laughing up a storm! After the lady had already left, one of the officers motioned for me to come over. I though that he wanted me to give a statement about what I saw. Nervously, I walked over to the cop. They started laughing and said that Brock needed some assistance. I looked over and Brock was handcuffed. After finding out he was an illusionist and escape artist, they had put him in their handcuffs. This was the first pair of handcuffs that Brock could not escape out of. He's been able to get out of several police officer's handcuffs before (not because he was being arrested...just because they were goofing around like yesterday). I don't know if the paper clip that he was using was too flimsy or the handcuffs were a new kind. Whatever the case, we all got a good laugh including the officers.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm glad no one got hurt! It's reassuring to know that Brock can get out of handcuffs if a situation arises!!!

Michelle said...

Oh! I'm glad that no one was hurt! Is the truck okay to drive? What a blessing that Brock can use his sense of humor to bring laughter in such a uncomfortable situation. :) sooooo glad you are all okay!