Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Do You Want to Get Well?

When I was back in the press room at the Dove Awards, I heard a doctor speaking. He is a naturalistic doctor. He said that when people come into his office, he asks them if they want to get well. Jesus asked the man at the pool of Bethesda if he wanted to get well (John 5:6). The truth is, some people don't.

There are so many natural ways to cure health problems. For example, I have had allergy issues for years. After cutting out dairy products and eating wheat sparingly, I rarely have a problem at all. However, when someone says that they have had trouble with sinuses lately and I suggest that they cut out dairy for a while, their response is, "I cannot live without my ice cream everyday." When I tell people that I have more energy, am less moody, and lost a couple of pants' sizes after cutting out sodas, they say that they cannot live without it!

Therefore, you have to make the choice. Do you want to get well or not? This doctor says that he doesn't help anyone unless they are willing to make a couple of sacrifices in order to get there. It's been well worth it to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you hit a sore (or sweet) spot! :) I totally agree with you. One has to make the choice whether they want to sacrifice, feel better and be healthy - or if that Oreo is worth it. Some are lucky, for now, and can have both, but what a wonderful lesson we can learn when we are forced to make the choice. I have discovered that I can eat wheat and suffer of I can rely on the Bread of Life!

AUNY said...

Tiffany, you are stronger than most. That's for sure.