Monday, May 21, 2007

Quatro Trip

There were four of us hence the name quatro. We were inseparable while we were working at Ridgecrest Conference Center in North Carolina the summer of '98. After that summer, we got together almost every year because one of us was getting married. After we were all married, we decided that we needed to still find a way to get together every year. Therefore, we began the annual quatro trip.

We are all four from different states: Me from Tennessee, of course, Gin is from Texas, Biz is from Alabama (Enterprise, AL actually), and Amber is from Florida. A couple of years ago, we went to Alabama to visit Biz. Last year, everyone came to my house. This year, we are going to Florida to see Amber.

It's such a great time to get together. As women, we need time to not have to worry about taking care of someone else every now and then. I told one of my friends that I was ready to be selfish! One of the girls who has two little kids is probably more ready than me for this vacation, but I'm really ready!

I'm actually on the trip right now and Brock has been posting my prewritten blogs. I get in tonight and will let you know how it went tomorrow!

2 comments:

Angi said...

My kids are actually going to camp at Ridgecrest/Crestridge for the first time this year! They had been going to Camp Winding Gap, but they are under ownership changes so we decided to try a new one. We're excited about the change and nervous about it too! Hope the kids have some great leaders as I'm sure you were!

J.T. said...

Is this Quatro trip thing kind of like the adult version of Happy Fun Day back in college?