Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Revival

I'm reading a book written by the pastor of the largest church in the world, David Cho. The book is about prayer. He claims that all revival begins with prayer. Revival in your church, within your community, and even personally all is instigated with MUCH prayer. However, you must sacrifice when it comes to praying. Mostly the
sacrifice is time. I've noticed that when I'm exceptionally busy, my prayer life suffers. Therefore, I'm trying to cut out things in order to get that time with the Lord. It's sorta like I was talking about yesterday only spiritually instead of physically. Do you really want revival? If you do, then you will be willing to pray passionately for it no matter what the cost. If you are not ready to make the sacrifice and put the time into it, then, you don't truly want revival.

I'd like you to pray with me about something. I'm praying for revival to break out this summer at the various camps that we are going to. Even if one person from every youth group had a fire lit inside of them, think of the impact. If a whole youth group experiences revival, they will take it back to their community and
church.

We are usually focused on evangelism, but at camps there is a lot of discipleship involved as well. I'm thinking of camps as a new way of evangelism. Of course, you will have many that are not saved come and get saved. However, I'm thinking of camps as a teaching ground that inspires believers to go home and be so into the Lord that it just spreads naturally and revival occurs! Please pray for revival with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with U. Personally things get in the way of prayer. We may be tired or soo busy, but we have to make time.

and not just when we need God, we begin to pray like crazy. lol

I pray not to be like that.

when things are rollin sweet, praise God, when thingys are bad still praise God.

1

ginsmom said...

Auny, I will definitely be praying with you. As usual, we are in step! I wrote a long post yesterday on my blog about revival, but we had a storm and the electricity went off before I had a chance to finish. I was going to re-write it today...

www.ginsworld.blogspot.com