Monday, May 14, 2007

A Little Piece Missing in My Brain

I think that everyone has one part of their brain that doesn't work correctly...it's almost as if it is missing. Mine is the part that tells me to gather everything I brought with me and take it home. I am always leaving stuff. We have to drive back to the restaurant and get my camera or whatever. I used to lose my purse at least once a year. Then, I got one of those wallets that attach to your keys. That way, whenever it was time to drive away, I couldn't get very far without keys. When I went to get my keys, there was my wallet! That helped because I was really tired of replacing my driver's license and credit cards every year or so.

After marrying Brock, I don't even carry anything anymore except my phone which I strap to my clothes with a "phone purse". He carries our keys, wallet, camera, etc. The funny thing is, when we get up to leave, I automatically ask Brock is he has everything. For some reason, I cannot do that for myself.

Saturday night, I brought a cookie cake and a little purse containing only matches and candles for the cake. After dinner, I carried the empty cookie sheet all over town with us. I wanted to throw it off of the bridge so badly just to watch it fall. Whenever the big boat drove under us, I was glad I didn't because that could have hurt someone! Everyone in my group thought it was so funny that I was carrying around a cookie sheet and we made reference to it all night. When we got in the car later, I realized that I had left the purse with the matches and candles in it at the restaurant. I remembered the cookie sheet that I was willing to chunk in the river, but forgot my purse! We drove back to the restaurant and got it. It was still there, but the matches and candles were cleaned out! Remember the cookie sheet that I carried all over downtown Nashville? It didn't make it home. I set it down when we played in the fountain only a block away from the car. I forgot to pick it back up! I remembered it up until about 30 yards from the car!

Do you have any missing piece in your brain or is it just me?

6 comments:

Amber said...

It isn't just you!!!

I can't remember Road names to save my life! I've lived here forever, but I still don't know any of the major Roads! People are always asking me directions and I can only explain how to get somewhere by landmarks! I always have to hand the phone to my husband and have him give visitors directions! I have a missing piece in my brain too! So don't ask me for directions next week!!!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I have the same problem and now I have a 16 year old who sometimes needs me to tell her how to get somewhere. So I put a map in the car for her.

Rhonda

ginsmom said...

I'm missing the opposite piece, Auny. The one that tells me to take the proper things with you when you leave the house. The other day I forgot a very important undergarment when I packed for the gym (I work out in the mornings and get ready at the gym).

I had to call my boss and tell him I would be late for work because I had to go back home and get it. What I didn't realize when I called was that our whole staff was in his office at the time, and he had me on speaker phone. :) Just another emabarassing day in the life of Gin.

ginsmom said...

And Amber, I surely hope Auny or Biz remember how to get to your house :)

AUNY said...

Gin, you did always have great moments like that! It was living on a sitcom when I roomed with you.

Michawn said...

Gin...that cracks me up.

The part of my brain that is missing is the part that is required to get places on time. I am ALWAYS late. It doesn't matter where I am going...always late. I was always this way, but add 3 small children to the mix and it's really impossible for me to be on time. :) Good thing we're moving to South America where it's a way of life to be late. God knew what He was doing when He left that part of my brain out I guess. :)