Friday, October 26, 2007

Being on Time

The other day, some of my friends and I had a discussion about being on time. Brock thinks that if you are late, you are disrespecting the other people involved. In other words, if you have a meeting with someone and you are late, you are saying that your time is more valuable than their time. Therefore, it's disrespectful.

I happen to agree, so we are rarely late for anything. Most of the time, we are early. I think that it helps us to be more laid back that way. We are never frantically trying to make it before the plane door closes for good. We don't have to speed in order to get somewhere on time. In short, we are never in a hurry. We give ourselves extra time in all of our planning. We still get plenty done in a day. If you are always running around trying to make things on time, either your schedule is too tight or maybe you've made it a habit of being late.

One of the girls in the discussion had been to Africa for a while. There, they don't see time like we do here in the U.S. We feel like we own time. That's why, I think, here in this country that Brock's statement about being late is correct. It is disrespectful. What do you think?

3 comments:

Amber said...

I ABSOLUTELY agree! I am pretty much always on time. I have a friend who is perpetually late and I have to say after a while, it really gets to ya! It's almost like, "why should I bother to be on time if no one else is!"

Anonymous said...

hurry lets go. dont wanna be late

Anonymous said...

I am very disrespectful. pam