Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Intercessory Prayer Part 7: It's Necessary

The main thing about prayer is just to do it! It's so vital to the Christian life. Intercessory prayer is so necessary in the lives of the people in whom you are praying for. Those of you that read this blog everyday and pray for us, (you know who you are) I consider you just as much a part of our ministry as our manager. Without your prayers, there would be no ministry. I truly believe that.

Paul says in Romans 15:30: "I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me." Paul, who was like Super-Christian, is basically saying that people could join him in ministry through prayer. Although we don't know the names of the people who prayed for Paul, they helped change the world!

You cannot come with us to every show, although I wish that you could. You cannot go to the jungles of Peru and help my sister and brother-in-law share the gospel with people who have never heard of the name Jesus. However, you can be an integral part of these ministries through the ministry of intercessory prayer.

3 comments:

AUNY said...

This is the last one about intercessory prayer. I'm learning a lot about it, but I still have much to learn. What I realized is that the only teaching that I had about praying for others was through others and through experience...very little scriptural reference. Therefore, I buckled down and tried to learn a little about it. I've only scratched the surface, but it's a start. I guess we have our whole lives to learn more and more about the Lord and His Word.

Anonymous said...

It's funny...well not really...but these past few days of blog have prepared me for doing what I need to do. Praying for my friend. She's taking a big step Sunday. She was Methodist and now will be baptized Baptist on Sunday...without her husband who is not supporting her. He's seemingly giving up on their marriage. Funny thing was tonight I saw her...I knew nothing about what was going on with her...and things, words just came out of my mouth that had to be from God...things she needed to hear from Him. I feel blessed when I am used as His instrument.

Thank you Auny for all you do for us on this blog. You and Brock are always in my prayers.

Teresa

AUNY said...

That's great that the Lord used you, Teresa. You were willing, and that is all He asks.