Thursday, October 11, 2007

Surprise!

Yesterday, we ate lunch with some friends who were visiting us from Atlanta and some friends that we work with. After lunch, we were standing outside talking and enjoying the beautiful weather. Before we all began to disperse, someone handed me an envelop. I opened it up to see two tickets to Phantom of the Opera that would be performed in Birmingham on October 10th. I was trying to figure out when that was only to find out that it was that day! I looked over at Shannon and told her to tell everyone in the village meeting that I said hi. She said that everyone already knew that I was going. Then, I looked over at the people who were visiting us and they had grins on their faces. Brock got the tickets back in May and everyone knew but me!

We ran home, threw on a dress...well, Brock put on a jacket and dress shirt over some jeans. Then, we hopped in the truck and drove to Birmingham (about 2 hours away).

I went to see Phantom when I was in high school. My parents had given me two tickets as a Christmas gift. I wanted to take a guy, but I didn't know any cool guys to go with me. Therefore, I took this college girl with me. She was nice, but a little scatter brained, so we missed the first 30 minutes of the show. Last night, my boy took me to see it, and we didn't miss one minute of it! It was beautiful and an absolute surprise.

5 comments:

Amber said...

AWESOME! I LOVE The Phantom of The Opera! How Exciting!!! Who gave you the tickets?

AUNY said...

Brock did it! Isn't that sweet?

Shannon said...

I'm glad you had fun:)

Anonymous said...

i told b-rock to do that fo you.

;0

1

...j/k

Anonymous said...

what an awesome treat!

Teresa