Friday, October 05, 2007

Intercessory Prayer Part 2: Standing in the Gap

The Lord is looking for people to pray. He's looking for people that He can call upon to "stand in the gap" for others:
"I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. So I will pour out my wrath on them." Ezekiel 22:30-31

It's not easy to seriously be an intercessor. Some of you that read this blog know all about it. It's draining at times. Sometimes it cuts into your schedule and plans. However, it's worth it!

Intercessory prayer is so important that sometimes it's the difference between life and death. Just as death happened in the scripture above because of the lack of an intercessor, so has the presence of one allowed people to avoid destruction:
"So He said He would destroy them---had not Moses, his chosen one, stood in the breach before Him to keep His wrath from destroying them." Psalm 106:23

The cool thing about becoming a prayer warrior is that you don't need any kind of seminary degree. You don't even need to take a class about it. You simply need to be willing. The Lord does the rest. I don't know everything there is to know about it, but what I do know is that when the Lord chooses YOU to pray for someone...when He personally asks you to, there is nothing else like it!

Feel free to share some things you have learned about intercessory prayer through scriptures or experience. As I began studying it in preparation for my village group the other night, I found myself wanting to know more and more.

0 comments: