Monday, October 08, 2007

Intercessory Prayer Part 5: It's Supernatural

Prayer is supernatural. "Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3. Those times when the Lord places someone on your heart at just the right time...that's supernatural. The Lord is giving you information that can only be found in Him. He is stirring within your heart.

Because prayer is supernatural, the Lord will ask you to do things or say things that seem unnatural...a little weird at the time. For example, one time I was praying out loud over a pregnant lady in front of a group of ladies at a baby shower. I always feel awkward praying out loud anyway because it's not how I normally pray. I never say "Dear Lord" or "Amen" when I pray to the Lord...I just talk. One time, when I prayed out loud, I said "See ya!" at the end instead of "Amen." It was embarrassing.

So, anyway, as I was praying at this shower, I felt as if the Lord wanted me to pray that the baby would not be rebellious. This was slightly odd. The baby wasn't even born yet. We didn't know what his personality was going to be. Plus, his parents were wonderful Christian parents. Their other two daughters are just adorable and well mannered. I was afraid that everyone would misunderstand me to be saying that she was not a good enough mother to handle a boy or something. That's not what I was saying at all. In fact, I didn't know what I was saying. The Holy Spirit simply wanted that said out loud. I did it, and nobody said anything about it to me. Still to this day, I don't know why the Lord had me pray that. The baby is only a year and a half old now, so who knows?

I have another experience involving intercessory prayer and an unborn baby. This story taught me the most about intercessory prayer so far. It's too long though, so I will share about it tomorrow.

0 comments: