Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A CSI, I Will Never Be

I got a letter from my sister the other day. I was so excited to hear from her again. At the end of the letter, she said that she loved my stationey but asked if I knew that it was upside down. I immediately went to look at it. I thought that there was some kind of design on the bottom of the page. When I flipped it up to the other side, I realized that it was a bird on the top of the page. I've been writing her for months on this stationery and never realized it!

I'm not the most observant person on the planet. Brock gets annoyed when he is gawking at something he sees while he's driving, and I've simply missed it. He wonders how I could miss something that blatant.

If you get a completely different haircut, I may or may not notice. Often, I tell girls that I like their hair because I cannot remember if it looked different the last time I saw them. This is an easy way to be safe, because by simply saying, "I like your hair," it could mean that it looks extra good today.

I think that this might contribute to my clumsiness. I don't notice that board that is sticking up or the step, so I trip over it. In the room our small group met in at church, there was a hole in the floor. I found that hole two or three times every time we met!

I love to watch CSI on TV, but a CSI, I will never be. I think that being observant is a requirement for that job!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to meet my daughter...she sounds like your "mini-me" hehehe! I always tell her, "Grace" is not her middle name. She's highly intelligent, very beautiful, but a "CSI-she ain't."

Thanks for the humor today!
Teresa