Saturday, October 06, 2007

Intercessory Prayer Part 3: A Glimpse of the Outcome

I've said this before, but we take prayer too lightly. It is so powerful!
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." Acts 4:31

Read Acts 12:5-14. This is what it looked like: A group was gathered praying. They were praying for Peter who was in jail and about to go to trial with Herod. I'm sure that they were praying for his freedom. A few minutes later, Peter comes through the door! Their prayers were answered immediately.

I've found that many times when the Lord asks me to pray for others that He allows me to see an outcome. Either I will be there when the very thing that I'd been praying for happens, or the person whom I'm praying for will come and talk with me about what I'd been praying about for them. This is not always the case, but it often happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny,

I've really enjoyed your Blog over the last few days. Have you ever considered writing a daily devotional book? I think you'd be really good at it!

Teresa

AUNY said...

Thanks, Teresa! I have a few more.